OVERCOMERS OUTREACH IS . . .
- A bridge between 12-Step groups and the church.
- A Christ-centered, non-profit corporation
dedicated to reaching out to people with problems of addiction, compulsion, or codependency within churches of all denominations.
- A ministry providing Christian resources, education through workshops and written materials, and tools to initiate and maintain 12-Step support groups.
OVERCOMERS OUTREACH IS NOT . . .
- A substitute for a church Bible study or worship service.
- A therapy group – we encourage professional counseling when needed.
- A “Christian A.A. meeting” – we are a supplementary program to other 12-Step programs, and recommend continued attendance.
Welcome to “The Bridge”. Since 1985, Overcomers Outreach has been meeting in groups all over the world, sharing love and support with others who suffer as we once did from substance abuse or that of loved ones.
O.O. Support Groups…
study God’s Word and utilize the 12 Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous (with permission). Only first names are used to preserve confidentiality. Honest individual sharing, along with mutual prayer, provide a safe environment where we experience the faith, hope, and love of Jesus Christ. A meeting format similar to those used in many 12 step groups is used to maintain an air of familiarity for those new to 12 step recovery as well as those new to a church environment.
Open to all Denominations…
O.O. support groups are fully self-supporting through their own contributions. The groups are all welcoming, regardless of lifestyle, religious belief, or lack of belief. Many groups meet in churches nationwide, but church membership is not required to be welcome. Discussions of doctrine are avoided and the focus is on mutual recovery and God’s wisdom as revealed in the Bible.
Hope for Addictions…
All are equally subject to suffering in this world and so are equally entitled to the blessings of recovery. Alcoholic, addict, codependent, or family member – join us as we walk in God’s love as expressed through our Savior, Jesus Christ.